Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Package Detection - Not working

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just had my new video doorbell installed (wired) and it's awesome. Just one problem it's not detecting package deliveries. I have setup package detection within my settings and when I check back on the recordings it's definitely see's the delivery at my front door. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

18 REPLIES 18
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @6400Feet

I have a few questions for you

• Do you have a screenshot of the package within view I can review?
  • Have you tried removing the package detection to another camera then back to the doorbell?
  • Have you tried rebooting your video doorbell within the Doorbell Device card Settings > Scroll all the way down > Restart
  • You can also turn off the power to the breaker for 10-15 minutes to force the doorbell to reboot. 
6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here’s a screenshot of a delivery which there was no package notification. Per your response, thank you, I did reset the device and I removed package detection and then re-applied it to this device ( it’s my only camera in the system). Please advise. Thx. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_0045.png
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is a chance the doorbell just missed this package do to the angle of the the box on the doormat etc. We continue to improve the accuracy of our features and welcome any feedback. 

Just a side note, since you did reboot it & adjust the feature off/on, if possible can you try to use a box of some sort to test the package detection again? Maybe try placing it vertically on the mat and on the concrete. This will help determine if it is in fact missing the package when horizontally placed on your mat or having a general issue with detection.  

6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's two more from today..it's clearly not working...

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 7.34.22 PM (1).png
6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Second of two

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Okay, I am testing further. I will provide an update as soon as possible. Thanks for the update

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I spoke with the Dev team & there is a fix coming for this issue soon. I will provide another update as soon as possible.

Thank you

6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, please let me know.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @6400Feet

Are you able to test to see if this issue resolved? 

6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is still not working
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ok, I it looks like the fix wasn't deployed yet, but my personal cam detected a package so I wanted to check with you. I will let you know as soon as that update is pushed.

Thank you

6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved with a recent update, can you test again and let me know if you run in to any issues.

Thank you

6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I will remove it from package detection, restart the device and the re-apply it to package detection. I'll let you know the results. Thanks 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@6400Feet

How did it go?

6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, package detection is still not working/recognizing deliveries clearly happening right in front of doorbell camera..could this be a hardware issue? Everything else associated with this doorbell appears to be functioning correctly.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

How is your detection working lately?

6400Feet
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not working...still. I really don't think I, or any other consumer, should have to do the multi-step troubleshooting your company offered previously. So..is this a coding issue or a hardware issue? If it's a hardware issue can't you just offer me a new unit? The package detection has never worked although I have patiently completed multi steps.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation