Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Offer free 7 day storage for doorbell camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KatH2020
Follower
Follower

I just purchased the Video Doorbell. It looks like there are a lot of complaints over the last year that this device doesn't offer the same 7-day rolling free video storage AND is not at all clear in any marketing materials. So you don't find out until you have it COMPLETELY installed and live. It was very frustrating. I have praised Arlo devices to family with the biggest bonus that you don't have to have a monthly subscription. I have 3 extended family households that have purchased cameras because of this. I have a brother now that was planning to purchase based on my feedback after getting the camera installed. I'm now telling him to specifically go shop around at other competing brands after finding out this huge bonus is not valid for the doorbell. When the time comes to need to start upgrading devices, I will go shop around to other brands now that I will need a subscription to use Arlo devices to their fullest anyway. At this time, I'm not planning to even use a subscription as I have a different camera covering the general front-door area. I was hoping this would get me better video angle of a person at the door. So Arlo won't get that revenue from me anyway, but now I will just be far less satisfied with this purchase after the 3 months and has also obviously soured my view of Arlo, and I will no longer be recommending to friends/family. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No Arlo camera newer than the Pro 2 gets the free 7 day, 5 camera plan. It's a business decision and is marked on the packaging and in the documentation that you get a free trial that will require a paid subscription after it runs out.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation