Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not getting push notifications but getting email and recorded video ok

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
beezle
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo video doorbell is not sending push notifications to my android phone, though it is sending emails and recording video.  I also have an Arlo Essential which IS doing the push notifications ok.  I have reinstalled the app, and reset the doorbell with no luck.  Any ideas?

Also, when someone presses the doorbell, the push notification 'Someone has pressed the Doorbell' cannot be cleared without turning the phone off and back on.  

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How are both devices connected - WiFi or to a base or hub? Have you checked the rule for the doorbell to verify that push notifications are enabled?

For the doorbell pushed notification, it's faster and easier to force close the app and reopen it.

beezle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Both are connect to WIFI.  Yes, I have checked that I have push notifications enabled for the doorbell.  If someone presses it, I do get the push where I can answer it to choose not to.  It is when it detects motion alone that there is no push notification.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. This isn't something we can solve here.

beezle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Honestly, I have had no luck at all with contacting support in the past.  All they tell me to do is reset the device, reinstall the app, etc, all of which I have tried already.  Thanks though!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may be an account issue, you could remove all devices and set up a fresh account using a second email address to start over.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation