Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not getting activity zone notifications

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cambo
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first installed the 2nd gen arlo video doorbell, I was getting notifications every time something was in the zone. But after one day, I am no longer getting them. I’ve tried resetting the device, I’ve tried removing it from the phone then adding it back and still I get nothing. Is there anyone else with this issue??

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the subscription is still in effect and that your current mode has an appropriate rule. Rebooting the phone may also be useful.

Cambo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve rebooted my phone, reset the doorbell to factory setting and reconnected to my phone and it still would not send notifications, if it does it will only be for a day or two. My free trial ends tomorrow so I will check once my actual subscription starts. But what do you mean by current mode has an appropriate rule? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cambo wrote:

But what do you mean by current mode has an appropriate rule? 

Read through this:

Assuming you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" at the bottom of the app screen...

Your system has three modes of operation - Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby.  All three have rules defining what cameras are enabled for both recordings and notifications.  These can be edited, but the first thing to check is that the mode(s) you normally for the rule(s) for your doorbell.

Cambo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My subscription started on the 8th and I am now getting notifications from motion on my video doorbell. However, I’m now receiving double notifications from the same camera. I just updated my phone to the latest version and there currently no updates for the Arlo app or firmware for the camera itself. I’ve also double checked the rules for the mode I have set. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cambo wrote:

However, I’m now receiving double notifications from the same camera.

Are you recording "until motion stops"?

If you are, then try switching to a fixed duration, and see if the double notifications stop.

Cambo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed it to fixed and it seems to be working. I also lowered the sensitivity down to about 75-80. Thanks for the help!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation