Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RobW-SWE
Follower
Follower

Have installed a Arlo Vide Wired doorbell with the transformer inkluded in the package.

Connected to my base station VMB4540r2.

I can se video, talk etc from the web portal or app. Problem is when someone press the button i get a call, video frame is greyed out and i cant answer, no sound. After 11 sek the call i shut down.

Same problem on andriod and iphone.

Video quality is set to low. Cant find any restriction on the phones.

What is the problem?

15 REPLIES 15
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
I have been having a similar issue for the past few weeks now. Every time somebody presses the doorbell, I get the call on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, I can hear audio but the video never connects and my whole phone freezes up completely for about 20 seconds. I normally have to press the power button to lock the screen to get the frozen phone issue to resolve. Everything worked like a charm before about 3 weeks ago…
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo Mobile app are you two using, as well as iOS version?

Thanks

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

Hi ShayneS, I am using app version 3.5.5 (2967), and was having issues with iOS 14.8 beforehand, and the same issues using iOS 15 currently.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Dbensette

I have a few additional questions for you:

Do you have the ability to test this issue with an Android device?
Do you have the ability to check with another iPhone?
Does this issue happen with the iPhone 12 Pro Max only?
Does this issue occur all the time or sometimes only?

Thank you

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Do you have the ability to test this issue with an Android device?

I don’t have any android devices unfortunately.

Do you have the ability to check with another iPhone?

I tried with my iPad mini, and it seemed to work fine. But, also tested again with my iPhone and it worked as well. I have mainly noticed it doesn’t work when I am not home. I will bring my iPad to work tomorrow to test if it works on the iPad while I am away.

Does this issue happen with the iPhone 12 Pro Max only?

I can also test with a different iPhone later this evening. But it may be more of a problem when I am away from the house possibly?

Does this issue occur all the time or sometimes only?

Usually all the time when I am not home, but I tried answering on the iPhone while I’m home today to test it out, and it was working correctly. I usually don’t answer on my phone when I am home…

I hope that helps a bit…? I can keep testing different ways later today and tomorrow.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dbensette

Thank you for the detailed information. The Dev team is actively investigating so any new info is appreciated. 

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Just an update. Worked earlier while on home wifi….

Now while on 5G cellular, twice in a row it froze my phone up.

@ShayneS I will send the logs again to you now if that helps any. Thanks.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Sure, it won't hurt & whenever you can provide the information from the other couple questions in my previous post, you can send it in with that info.

Thank you!

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Seems to work fine on my wife’s iPhone 11 Pro Max and my iPad mini, just not working on my 12 pro max…

Maybe it’s the model of phone having issues?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you retrieve/send a log after replicating?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Can you check to see if you still experience this issue with the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v 3.5.10? If you do not see the update, please remove and reinstall the Arlo app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with your doorbell? 

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Sorry for the delay ShayneS.

The issue I was having has seems to be resolved lately as it’s working as expected now. I never did figure out what was wrong, I sort of gave up on it but it’s working again now. 👍

Thanks again.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dbensette

Thank you for the update

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation