Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
When somebody rings the doorbell I am not able to see the person when I answer the call when video settings is on 1536sq. The audio works but no video. When I downgrade the video to 1080sq there is video and audio.
I do not think that downgrading video should be the solution. Is Arlo aware of this bug and also very important when will this bug be fixed.
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamesdean1974,

This often is a symptom of poor speeds, limited bandwidth requires lower resolution to be selected. What are your download/upload speed for the mobile device that you're using?

JamesC

Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi James

Thanks for your answer.
That cannot be issue though.
My mobile speed is 225/65 mlMbps on 4G. The problem also exist when I am at home on WiFi ( full range ).
So the bandwidth is not the issue .
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbell is connected to your router, not your phone. Thus, the home network speeds are the important part, especially upload. In addition, the connection between the doorbell and router can be at fault if there's a poor signal strength or quality issue in that connection.

Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
James asked me about the speeds of my mobile device as you can see.
But to answer your question. Both signals upload and download are strong enough. I am able to watch live stream on high settings without any problem.
Milanovi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this problem to.I can show you the screen shot aslo. I hope someone know how to fixed.Thank you.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamesdean1974, Milanovi

Which mobile device are you using that experiences this issue? (iOS or Android)

What is the model and OS version on that device?

JamesC

Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
iPhone 11 Pro Max. iOS 13.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation