Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No chime or sound

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
thomas_crawford
Follower
Follower

I have a wired Arlo doorbell, it used the old doorbell chime.  Has been working fine for a while, all the sudden it has no sound.  No chime, no noise when the button is pushed, no sound at all.  Silent mode is not on.  I still get all alerts and calls when doorbell is rang.  Any suggestions on why the sound would not be working?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@thomas_crawford wrote:

I have a wired Arlo doorbell, it used the old doorbell chime.  Has been working fine for a while, all the sudden it has no sound.  No chime, no noise when the button is pushed, no sound at all.  Silent mode is not on.  

One thing you can try is disconnecting the doorbell, and then touch the two wires together.  The doorbell should chime when you do that.  If it doesn't, then the doorbell is ruled out - but it could still be the transformer, power kit, or chime.

WJJ1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This solution is going to sound crazy, but it worked.  I had exactly the same problem.  Everything worked fine for a month and then nothing except for the call, but no voice either way.  Video worked.  When troubleshooting we noticed that when I was talking outside by the doorbell, my voice was not coming through my phone via the app.  Instead, it was coming out of our new soundbar which has bluetooth and was paired to my phone, even though the soundbar was off (or so we thought).  I deleted the soundbar from my bluetooth list on my iPhone and then everything worked.  How that interfered with my mechanical chime ringing I have no idea - but it did.  And why the sound went through the app to the soundbar, I'm not sure because the link did not show as active.  But in any event, see if you have any bluetooth devices paired on your phone that might be interfering.

TM-Mormor
Aspirant
Aspirant

My doorbell does not chime.  Do I need to purchase Chime unit for it to work?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TM-Mormor wrote:

My doorbell does not chime. 

Do you have a mechanical or digital chime connected to the circuit?  If so, what it the manufacturer/model?

@TM-Mormor wrote:

Do I need to purchase Chime unit for it to work?

A Chime 2 is a possibility.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation