No 7 day cloud storage without subscription

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jwhguy
Follower
Follower

I bought an Arlo video doorbell in January upon a recommendation from a friend who shared that no subscription would be necessary. My trial ran out a couple of days ago and apparently there is no free storage at all. I thought I saw published that this 7-day free storage would be continuing! Frankly, Arlo would not have been my choice of doorbell were it not for the free limited storage. Is there a way to sign-up for that free limited storage? Will Arlo accept a product return if that free storage is no longer available?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jwhguy wrote:

I bought an Arlo video doorbell in January upon a recommendation from a friend who shared that no subscription would be necessary.

Unfortunately, your friend was misinformed.

Legacy cameras (Pro, Pro 2, and some others) were sold with free 7-day cloud storage, and they still have it. 

Arlo stopped offering that with new camera models back in 2018 (starting with the Ultra).  The video doorbells (like all currently sold Arlo cameras) require a subscription to get cloud storage.

@jwhguy wrote:

Will Arlo accept a product return if that free storage is no longer available?

Arlo won't, but it's possible that the seller might.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jwhguy wrote:

I bought an Arlo video doorbell in January upon a recommendation from a friend who shared that no subscription would be necessary.

Unfortunately, your friend was misinformed.

Legacy cameras (Pro, Pro 2, and some others) were sold with free 7-day cloud storage, and they still have it. 

Arlo stopped offering that with new camera models back in 2018 (starting with the Ultra).  The video doorbells (like all currently sold Arlo cameras) require a subscription to get cloud storage.

@jwhguy wrote:

Will Arlo accept a product return if that free storage is no longer available?

Arlo won't, but it's possible that the seller might.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation