Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ski86
Aspirant
Aspirant
Receiving multiple notifications for a single event on my Android phone.

Ex. I take my dog outside on his leash and I receive multiple notifications of person at the front doorbell for this single event, upwards to four at a time.

* App Version: 3.6.8-28460
* Firmware: 1.14 - Latest
* Android Version: 12
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ski86 wrote:
Receiving multiple notifications for a single event on my Android phone.

Ex. I take my dog outside on his leash and I receive multiple notifications of person at the front doorbell for this single event, upwards to four at a time.

How many recordings are you getting?

Ski86
Aspirant
Aspirant

One recording with multiple notifications. Today I went outside and received four notifications for a single video of 15 seconds.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I was not able to reproduce this issue. Are you still experiencing this? Does it happen with every recording?

JamesC

Ski86
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still having the issue, it does not happen to every recording. Specifically, I get the notifications from the Arlo App to my phone (Galaxy S21 Ultra) and my watch (Galaxy Watch 4 Classic) multiple times.

More specifically, it's when I take my dog out the front door. It's not like I'm hanging around the camera monitoring area with him. We go out and leave the monitored area and within that time frame, I get about four notifications to my phone (person detected in the area) which are also sent to my watch.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I also have a Samsung S21 Ultra and have had to suffer the same for an eternity., on this phone and my previous Galaxy devices.  All of which were flagship Samsung phones - it's not like I've been using Arlo on some budget phone.

My carrier recently pushed out Android 13 to my phone, so after upgrade I uninstalled Arlo, wiped the partition cache on my phone, and installed new Arlo version 4.0.1_28499.

And STILL get multiple notifications for single event.  Not all cameras (have 17) all the time, not every event but most of them.  Sometimes I'll get as many as three notifications for the same event, but usually two, and it seems to happen most often with vehicles, but will happen with any type of trigger.  I'll get the first notification, then several seconds later another one.  If I turn OFF Arlo Smart, I do NOT receive multiple notifications.

Arlo is a broken POS that needs a complete rewrite, IMHO.

It hasn't worked correctly or effectively since the early days.

And I STILL cannot get Arlo Smart to NOT deliver animated previews.  I have this disabled for every single camera across my three base stations, and I STILL receive them.

It's a crime to charge customers for a broken service...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@secaz wrote:

I'll get the first notification, then several seconds later another one.  If I turn OFF Arlo Smart, I do NOT receive multiple notifications.

Is the rule for the camera set to "record until motion stops"?  If it is, try a fixed recording time and see if that helps.

Also, does the first notification include the SMART classification?  I'm guessing it does not.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation