Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mechanical Chime unable to access settings

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

My mechanical doorbell will not ring.  In the app settings it shows Traditional Chime "not connected" but I can not get into the menu to change it.  Have latest version of app.  I tried going to My Arlo in my computer's browser, but it says Doorbell appears off line and can not access settings menu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I gave up and removed the doorbell from the app.  Had to go thru the installation and setup.  Had to recreate modes etc. but seems to work properly now.  What a pain just to make the doorbell ring.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsaus63304 wrote:

My mechanical doorbell will not ring.  In the app settings it shows Traditional Chime "not connected" but I can not get into the menu to change it.  Have latest version of app.  I tried going to My Arlo in my computer's browser, but it says Doorbell appears off line and can not access settings menu.

Can you livestream the doorbell camera from the app?

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, it live streams normally, records and notifies but the mechanical chime no longer works and I am locked out of the menu to change it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsaus63304 wrote:

Yes, it live streams normally, records and notifies but the mechanical chime no longer works and I am locked out of the menu to change it.

I'd try turning off the breaker that powers the transformer for a minute or so, and then turn it back on.  That should reboot the doorbell.  If you've been checking the chime, then maybe also make sure the power kit isn't in the bypass mode (that is, the switch on it is NOT set to X).

If that fails, you might need to do a factory reset (which is a real pain, I know).  

If you have a subscription, you could alternatively try phone support (accessing it from the support area of the app).

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Turning power on/off did not help.  Last time I did a reset, it took 2 days to reconnect the doorbell camera and now it does not show up on my wife's phone app or via the computer.  Do not want to buy an electronic chime.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Still not working

Nobody else have/had this problem?

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I gave up and removed the doorbell from the app.  Had to go thru the installation and setup.  Had to recreate modes etc. but seems to work properly now.  What a pain just to make the doorbell ring.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing that update. I'm glad it is back up and running, please let me know if you have any questions. I will be here to help : )

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Looks like the only way to fix it is to go though setup and pick mechanical chimes.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation