Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mad that with the new Arlo video doorbell you have to purchase a monthly plan to see your recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BeSafe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mad that with the new Arlo video doorbell you have to purchase a monthly plan to see your recording. I bought my first set of Arlo cameras and one of the deciding features was the free 7 day recordings. I had the first doorbell that didn’t show video I was happy when the video doorbell came out I was excited about it. It came with a trial for recordings and other features. When the trial expired everything went away. All features and no saving what the camera would have recorded. It’s almost useless now. They should have kept the 7 day free recordings. This makes me very unhappy. Don’t want to pay a monthly fee for this! Is there anything you can do about this Arlo! Netgear!
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BeSafe,

The Arlo Video Doorbell requires a subscription for recordings to be saved to the cloud. Without a subscription, you will still receive alerts and calls from the doorbell in addition to being able to live stream.

For more information on Arlo Smart subscriptions, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

BeSafe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I know this is how it works now. I wish I would have looked more into it before I bought it. I assumed it was like my original cameras with the 7 days of free backup. I do love the system though.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation