Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I cannot reconnect my doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
toober
Follower
Follower

My Arlo doorbell, video stopped capturing regardless of whether the zone was triggered or the doorbell was pressed. So, I tried to reset it. I removed it from my service and did tried to reinstall it. It won't reinstall using either my Arlo hub or just over WiFi. Heaven forbid there is a number you can call to get a technician to help you? 

Any suggestions besides giving up on Arlo?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that your trial subscription has expired. If so, you need to purchase at least a single camera sub. Doing so will also allow you to access official support.

As for onboarding it again, try following these directions:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Robbk
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo doorbell stopped recording 16 days ago. I called the support number and they told me they have a software issue they are working on and to call back if it doesn’t start recording in a few days. I will call them tomorrow and try to get an update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't believe that info is correct. My doorbell (wireless) continues to work just fine. Did you try the procedure in the FAQ I posted before? Rebooting the router and hub may also help.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would do a reset of the doorbell, I am not aware of any issues where the doorbell was not recording. Follow the steps within the link:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

ChrisNSelina
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue, it was working fine for years now...then after Dec 30, 2023 it stopped providing anything to the app. System was working fine until the 31st of Dec, 2023. I've been trying to reset, resync since. It will sometimes chime when pairing but it times out and doesn't connect to the 2.4Ghz Wifi I have been using for...years now. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may just be a faulty doorbell. Check your transformer voltage at the doorbell to ensure it's between 16-24 volts DC. Do you have a subscription for the doorbell? Is it still active and applied to the doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation