Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How do I change the confusing ringtone when someone pressed the doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Highlighted
Star
Star

How do I change the confusing ringtone when someone pressed the doorbell? We do not want to use same ringtone as the one for incoming phone calls, this is ridiculously confusing.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlouser121119,

Currently, Arlo Video Doorbell uses the default ringtone on your mobile device when a doorbell call comes through. I will pass this feedback along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is this ever going to be addressed. I have the audio doorbell. It would also be nice to have a firmware update so the volume could go a tad louder on the speaker. It's a simple feature. Sometimes you don't want to see whose calling. There should be an option for the doorbell sound.
Highlighted
Guide
Guide
Can this feature please be added?
It is very annoying that the video doorbell uses the same ringtone as incoming calls. It would be nice to add specific ringtone/notification to the video doorbell. Furthermore it is possible for my wife to set to silent mode with chime enabled ( Android ) and not for me (iOS). Will this be added tot iOS as well?
Model: AVD1001 | Arlo Video Doorbell
Highlighted
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, indeed, very confusing: ringtone doorbell is the same as standard incoming call.
You mentioned it would be passed through to development team. It's July 2020 now, can you ask how long it will take? Thanks
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor
+1. Just migrated from skybell to arlo video doorbell and considering going back already. Can't stand the fact that my wife (iOS) can change the ringtone for doorbell calls, but i cannot on Android. I have bbsitter with kids at home during the day and live in a neighborhood full of kids who ring our doorbell 20 times a day - and I can't keep getting interrupted at work by having to constantly check my phone thinking it is legitimate phone calls. I need to audibly differentiate my normal phone calls & video doorbell calls!
Highlighted
Initiate
Initiate

I see this thread was started a several months ago.  It does seem to be an issue that is an easy fixed.  I also don't like that the motion notification can't be set to a unique sound.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well! Will we soon get that update about "Currently, Arlo Video Doorbell uses the default ringtone", want to select my own ringtones - Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation