Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
russellelisha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I'm a brand new Arlo customer and not having a great time. I purchased the video doorbell about  3 weeks ago, and after installing it, I couldn't get the firmware to update. After hours of support (and I mean hours as the wait times are crazy), it was decided that my device was faulty, and I would get a new one. I was supposed to get the new one in 3-5 business days, but after 2 weeks, I called back and seems the order wasn't completed properly. That was fixed, and I now have a new device, but same issues.

The error is:

Firmware could not be updated. Please try again later. (Error code: 4206).

I have an Eero wifi system, and the Eero app is seeing the Arlo device on the network, and it's connected via 2.4GHz. It seems to be sending and receiving data to it. I also know the Arlo is sending data as I can see the videos online through my laptop, so it can post data.

I have reset the device, removed it, followed instructions from other threads here, but no joy .... getting very frustrated. 

Any help welcome, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
russellelisha
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured out the issue was to do with my Eero wifi system - when I changed the WiFi to my iPhone's hotspot, the update went through fine.

I also got a very helpful call from an Arlo service tech, so thank you JamesC for organizing that for me.

Back to being a happy Arlo customer!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

russellelisha,

I see your support ticket is still open concerning this issue. I've requested an update on your ticket now that you've received the replacement and are still experiencing the same issue.

JamesC

russellelisha
Aspirant
Aspirant

I figured out the issue was to do with my Eero wifi system - when I changed the WiFi to my iPhone's hotspot, the update went through fine.

I also got a very helpful call from an Arlo service tech, so thank you JamesC for organizing that for me.

Back to being a happy Arlo customer!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation