Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware rolled back

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can it be possible that the most recent firmware ( 28 January) has been rolled back to the previous firmware (11 December ) . I am sure I had the most recent untill this afternoon. And I am not able to update , it says that the most recent firmware has been installed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This firmware has been rereleased and is now available for your Arlo Video Doorbell. For more information, take a look here: Arlo Video Doorbell - AVD1001 -1.14.0.0_475_a93c203_739f079 -18th February 2020

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may have been done... over the last 4 yrs, I have seen the fw rolled back once, maybe 2x ( IIRC)...

Usu this only occurs when a major flaw has been missed  but not recently to my knowledge.

As to the fw...just make sure it is the latest as per;

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

Which should be Jan 28 ,... if you really want to force an update,you may have to reset the doorbell and see if that helps.

I would just test to make sure it's working 100%.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamesdean1974,

Correct, there was an issue discovered with this firmware and it has been rolled back. We will provide more information on this shortly. As of today, t1.14.1.0_368_ef57d3c_9d35dae is the most recent firmware.

JamesC

Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any news about the firmware ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamesdean1974,

Not quite yet. When it again becomes available, an announcement will be made in the release notes section here on the community.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This firmware has been rereleased and is now available for your Arlo Video Doorbell. For more information, take a look here: Arlo Video Doorbell - AVD1001 -1.14.0.0_475_a93c203_739f079 -18th February 2020

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation