Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Excessive notifications Arlo Video doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
virginiascout
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is getting frustrating.  The activity zones do not work.  Sometimes during the day I get motion alarms with passing cars.  At night it is worse.  How do I get the activity zones to work?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use a low sensitivity setting for my doorbell in my modes and rules - I have it set to 35. That helps with false triggers and seems to help zones/Smart, too.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are experiencing issues with Activity Zones, please take a look at the following KB articles for best performance and troubleshooting tips:

How do I troubleshoot problems with Arlo activity zones?

What are activity zones and how do I create them?

JamesC

Bdouble
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have also filed a support case on this topic - the activity zones don't seem to work on the arlo video doorbell. 

The problem is that many of the solutions suggested in the thread here are not relevant to the doorbell - with this product you can't adjust the position of the camera (unless you re-mount it somewhere other than the original doorbell location, which kinda defeats the purpose). 

Attaching a screenshot which shows how my doorbell camera is zoomed in, with appropriate activity zones - the red circles indicate where the motion is happening that is triggering unwanted alerts and notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation