Error when adding new wired doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Pilsner
Tutor
Tutor

Trying to set up a new doorbell and went through the setup process many times and getting the same error after the doorbell is found on wifi, Error "Something went wrong so your doorbell cannot be registered to your account"

I've done a reset multiple times with the same error. Using android..I've reset the breaker and uninstalled the app as well with no luck.

28 REPLIES 28
angelwings
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm slowly loosing my mind with this nonsense.  I keep ending up with the same error. 

The setup is flawless.  Proper power 16, proper network connection 2.4,  the doorbell scans the QR code on the phone and the chime goes off....then the phone searches for the doorbell and they connect happily (you see some nice happy graphics on the app).  Then they ask you to name the doorbell....after naming it anything I get this error message.

"something went wrong so your doorbell cannot be registered to your account"

I've reset the doorbell and retried with a fresh app install.....re flipped the breakers.....I've done all I can.

I am using an android phone and have no access to an I phone to test that theory.

I'm looking for answers....please help!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

angelwings,

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app available from the app store installed?

JamesC

pryagmeta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pulled up the app while I was out of town and noticed that my front doorbell (wired) was offline. This happens from time to time, but after 4 days I decided to take matters into my own hands. I popped it out of the frame, reset it, scanned the QR code and got the acknowledging "CHIME," but then the app can't find it. I've verified that I'm entering the correct WiFi SSID/password. I went through the reset/QR code/CHIME process about 8 times before giving up for the evening. Has anyone had this happen to them? Any suggested solutions? I tried completely disconnecting the doorbell from power and "forgetting" it in the app... but it seems to have a capacitor or something inside that keeps it powered up for a while even after disconnection. How long would I need to leave it disconnected for it to power off completely so I can try starting from scratch? It's been great, up until now. But I'm becoming frustrated. Any insights/tips are appreciated.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

When you hear the chime, check your router's attached device list, and see if the camera is listed there.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation