Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jblaiser413
Guide
Guide

Is it just me, or is this Arlo video doorbell and absolute piece of ####? It's communication with the app is extremely delayed. The notifications on the app make no sense, and you can't control them. By the time I get a notification, whatever was there is gone. I can go on and on.... 

I have some friends with Ring, who don't have any of these issues... Why is Arlo such garbage, I think it's time for me to move on to ring. 

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jblaiser413

Do you mind providing more detail regarding your concerns? I'm here to help try and resolve any issues you may be experiencing. Did you want to start with the delay between the doorbell and the app?

Thanks 

jblaiser413
Guide
Guide

Sure, in regards to the delay....what more do you need to know than it's a ridiculous delay? By the time the app opens, whatever was there, is gone. In addition, if for some reason that person is still there, it is impossible to communicate thru the device because of the delay. 

There you go.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which model device is this occurring on (iPhone/Android/Model number)?

Does the same delay occur on mobile data and wifi?

Does it occur on the web browser as well?

When did the issue start occurring? (this will help eliminate any recent changes to network or wireless frequency devices) 

Does the same occur with another handheld device?. 

Which version of the Arlo app are you using if only occurring on a handheld device? 

jblaiser413
Guide
Guide

1) Android

2) Both

3) No idea, how does one use a web browser when the doorbell rings?

4) Since day 1

5) 4.1.1_28514

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Regarding question 3. I did not see very much detail on the symptoms, so I was determining if this is live streaming in general or phone calls (SIP calls) only.

So the issue is after answering a phone call from the doorbell. Is the push to talk delayed or is the video delayed? 

In general these are internet based cameras and there will be a natural delay in live streaming and any push to talk communications.

Thanks

jblaiser413
Guide
Guide

I just had the Arlo up on my PC in a browser, and it was about 5 seconds delayed. The doorbell rang before I ever saw the guy coming up. Fine, 5 seconds I guess isn't horrible, except that's directly on my WIFI which currently has download speed of 640 mbps

Yes, I expect a natural delay, it's just that yours sucks more than it should. I frequeant many houses in my profession, and deal with many doorbell camera's. Arlo's to date is the worst....and that's why I have complained. Arlo is an absolute piece of **bleep**.... the product, and the support. Therefore, I will continue to let the community know to avoid your products.

jblaiser413
Guide
Guide

You clearly are **bleep**ing worthless, thanks for the lack of support

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation