Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell camera recording without smart plan

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RandyBarnett
Aspirant
Aspirant

We purchased an Arlo Video wired doorbell that came with a 90 day(?) free trial of a smart plan. At the end of the trial, the recording of the doorbell camera stopped completely. We have four other cameras that are recording for 7 days, which supplies our needs.

I tried disabling one of the other cameras, hoping that it would record the doorbell camera + 3 others, but it now only records the 3 cameras, doorbell still isn't recorded.

Is there a way to get the doorbell camera + 3 "regular" cameras in the 7-day free recording? If not, what is the least expensive plan that I can get? 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RandyBarnett,

Arlo Video Doorbell requires a subscription to Arlo Smart for recordings to be saved to the cloud. You can get an Arlo Smart subscription for only your doorbell for $2.99 US. For more information on Arlo Smart subscription plans, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

RandyBarnett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could that be combined with the "free" 7-day recording of the other 3 (or 4) cameras? That would be perfect for my needs

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

No. As mentioned above, Arlo Video Doorbell requires a subscription to Arlo Smart for recording to be saved to the cloud.

If you purchase a subscription plan for the Arlo Video Doorbell, the other cameras on your account will be unaffected and continue to utilize free 7 day recording.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RandyBarnett wrote:

Could that be combined with the "free" 7-day recording of the other 3 (or 4) cameras? That would be perfect for my needs

Yes, you should be able to purchase a single premier license for the doorbell, and still get the 7-day free recording on the older cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation