Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell camera is operating but will not record on my subcription

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Video Doorbell  (AVD1001) is working, and is included in the 5 cameras of my subscription. The other 4 cameras are recording, but the doorbell is not. When I look at "manage cameras", it shows 2K and 4K for the other cameras and "1526 sq recording" for the doorbell. I had a problem with the doorbell a few weeks ago and had to reset it and add it back to the hub. Before that, I had no problem with recording of the camera. Now nothing, though I can get a live picture. Any suggestions? This is probably some dumb user error 🙂

Thanks in advance!!

Bob K.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to update you since you spent so much time helping me. I unpowered the doorbell, also did a reset, all with no luck and ordered a new doorbell. It arrived the next day and the old doorbell decided to start recording to my library. That lasted a day and it failed again. Replaced it with the new doorbell and everything seems perfect (fingers crossed)

Thanks again for your help!!

Bob

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@abraxasbob wrote:

Before that, I had no problem with recording of the camera. Now nothing, though I can get a live picture.

can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, Stephen, not sure what you mean. Are you asking if motion is recorded to the HUB storage chip?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@abraxasbob wrote:

Sorry, Stephen, not sure what you mean. Are you asking if motion is recorded to the HUB storage chip?

No.  I am asking if you can make a manual recording while livestreaming the doorbell camera (touch the camera on the main screen).  If you can, then the camera is in the subscription plan.

abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, that worked, and it showed up in the library. But that is the only time it has recorded to the library; it is not doing recording automatically when motion occurs in front of the camera automatically

Thanks again for helping!!

Bob

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@abraxasbob wrote:

Yes, that worked, and it showed up in the library. But that is the only time it has recorded to the library; it is not doing recording automatically when motion occurs in front of the camera automatically

Ok.  Have you checked that the doorbell camera is armed?  If it is, then try disarming and rearming it.

abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it's armed, but I went ahead and disarmed everything on the hub and rearmed. Still no recording

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@abraxasbob wrote:

Yes, it's armed, but I went ahead and disarmed everything on the hub and rearmed. Still no recording

Have you tried the motion detection test here:  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

Another thing you could try is turning off the power for the transformer for a few seconds and then restoring it (to reboot the camera).

abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I will try the motion detection test, also try a reset, and finally remove power

I'm suspecting the device has gone bad. It stopped working a few weeks ago and I had a heck of a time getting it to work again. The device was quite warm to the touch, and I ended up having to put in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool down, then was able to get it working and connected to the hub. The overheating problem could be due to a component failure, which would explain why it isn't correctly detecing motion (the LED does "throb" though when there is motion). After I go through all the corrective actions above, I'll bite the bullet and buy another one. I think I saw them on Amazon as a "rebuilt" unit for about $60

Thanks again for all of your help

Bob

abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to update you since you spent so much time helping me. I unpowered the doorbell, also did a reset, all with no luck and ordered a new doorbell. It arrived the next day and the old doorbell decided to start recording to my library. That lasted a day and it failed again. Replaced it with the new doorbell and everything seems perfect (fingers crossed)

Thanks again for your help!!

Bob

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation