Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell and night vision

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Drahthunter
Guide
Guide
My Arlo video doorbell doesn’t seem to want to switch to night vision. I have the setting turned to on in settings. I have a street light I believe is causing this but think this could be a design flaw. I have activity zones set but videos are worthless as they are no night vision. Thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Drahthunter wrote:
 I have a street light I believe is causing this but think this could be a design flaw. 

I agree it's the light - quite bright and in the center of the field of view.  It would be nice if there was a setting to force Nightvision on a schedule, or maybe be able to set a zone that would be used to determine if Nightvision should be used or not.

But in your case Nightvsion might not help much -  depending on how much IR is coming from that light.

Drahthunter
Guide
Guide

Yeah...  I am thinking the light will cause problems but this will be an issue with 90% of urban America so kind of a design flaw for the market as the doorbell doesn’t have a spot light like the Ultra’s.  I am thinking I am going to have to add a IFTTT to turn my porch lights on when motion is detected to add light and then allow me to record in color.  Too bad there is such a delay with Arlo as the lights will most likely come on 30 sec after the trigger.  I have fiber to house so speed is not my issue its Arlo service that is slow.  Unless they build something into the device to speed up this function for automation which would be nice. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation