Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell Won’t Stop Recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
IWD153
Follower
Follower
I have 2 video doorbells connected to WiFi that have been installed for about 3 months. Both are set to the exact same settings. Out of nowhere, one started recording continuously. I’ve tried turning video doorbell off, disarming and restarting video doorbell but it continues to record even though there is no motion?!? Please help with any suggestions. Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

IWD153,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? Is there anything different about the setup of that doorbell versus the other?

JamesC

SamN334
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

Was this issue ever resolved as my doorbell started doing the same. 2wks after installation I am now getting alerts every 30secs of new recordings that don't stop.

I have had to remove the doorbell as all attempts to reset the device failed to stop the continuous recording.

I am trying to get hold of Arlo Support to assist but wanted to see if you figured it out as well.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SamN334,

Try lowering the sensitivity and see if you still experience the same issue. Take a look here for more information on how this can be done: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation