Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell SILENT mode doesn't ring chime

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
netarcSF
Aspirant
Aspirant

We installed the wired doorbell this evening to found that pressing the button results in the CHIME and a call to my mobile number. When home, I'd like just the chime to ring, NOT a phone call (latter might be useful when no one is home).

In the doorbell, turned on SILENT mode with

- incoming calls disabled
- traditional chime enabled

However, this results in no activation of the CHIME; the doorbell itself just beeps, with no other indication that it has been pressed.

How may we set the doorbell such that it activates the "traditional chime" and starts a video recording only, without triggering a phone call?

Doorbell settings:

- power kit installed in existing Chime box

- traditional Chime = Mechanical

- Call Settings: leave your message DISABLED

- firmware 1.17.0.0_1407_6f0b9c9_1c1a749
- hardware 1.2

6 REPLIES 6
netarcSF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some more info in case it's relevant - shortly after the installation, when testing the chime configuration in the doorbell, upon setting it to "no chime" the option to revert to traditional disappeared - was not available in the app nor via web browser. In the web browser, the CHIME status merely showed "disconnected"

Removed the wired doorbell device from the Arlo system, then re-added and was able to specify "traditional chime" again, whereupon the chime worked again (when not in SILENT mode).

netarcSF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Furhter, the connected Arlo bridge is VMB5000r5 / firmware 1.20.3.0_1362_8008561

netarcSF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tangentially, another weird issue is that before replacing the doorbell, the CHIME would "ding dong" (two tones). After the wired doorbell was installed, though, the CHIME now just "dings" (single tone).

Any ideas on how to get this back to the two-toned chime would also be appreciated, thank you.

FYI, the power kit is installed (2 wire type) in the chime box.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

JimTWard
Tutor
Tutor

Me too!

I’d like to switch the chime/no phone to chime+phone with the Away mode so I automatically switch when I leave the house. 

JimTWard
Tutor
Tutor

Tangentially, another weird issue is that before replacing the doorbell, the CHIME would "ding dong" (two tones). After the wired doorbell was installed, though, the CHIME now just "dings" (single tone).

Usually, the front door screw on the chime gets the ding-dong and the back door gets ding. Did you connect to the right one?

Or, is the wire from the power adapter interfering with one of the two strikers to the chime bars?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation