Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell Camera Quality

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jimmyboy34
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Anybody else had problems with the quality or Video on the Doorbell? I know I have excellent Wifi Speed yet each time I am out and answer the doorbell it takes ages for the video to load. Sometimes the video does not load at all and the audio is rubbish so they cannot hear me.

I have looked at the settings and all seems okay and again I have fast speeds on both ends.

Is it just that the Video / Audio for these are not that good?

11 REPLIES 11
christiansin
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I am also having problems and we are tracking 300mbs in our home when the problems occur.  We are leaving arlo eventhough we have about $1,500 worth of equipment from them.  It just isn't a mature product for our home security needs.  I need to cough up the money for a reliable and responsive system.  i have had a professionally installed system before and you really do get what you pay for.  Arlo was a cool idea, but it is not appropriate for protecting my assets.

Chris

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jimmyboy34,

Poor signal strength due to range or interference can result in the symptoms you're describing. What does the signal strength indicator show for your doorbell? How far from your router is the Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

windchil
Initiate
Initiate

I have just installed the video doorbell and have yet to be able to see video and understand the audio. I have an Arlo camera that has worked fine in the same location. On the doorbell it shows 2 of 3 bars but on the camera in the same exact location it shows 3 of 3 bars. I have 1gig fiber internet with a new router.

christiansin
Tutor
Tutor

Good signal strength for our doorbell.  Probably within 30 feet of the router and base station.  What a finicky product.  The questions support asks are did you do a hard reset, did you try logging out first, have you added and removed and then re-added, did you check to see if you have power, it could be the signal strength....surfing this room and others the question should really be turned to Arlo and it should be, was this product released too early?  How long was the product tested?  Why are there so many tech support inquiries?

jimmyboy34
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Thanks for the reply. IT has full signal and worked ok when I first set it up. The router is within 10 feet and no other obstructions are in the way. Occasionally it works ok but most times it either just has bad audio or bad video and no audio.

I have fast internet and every other tech I have works great in my house. Just this which is really bad

jimmyboy34
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

It is a nightmare just getting hold of anybody from Arlo. I have this problem and several others and have spent fortunes adding on products of theirs. I have tried reloading everything but the quality is just so bad

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jimmyboy34,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. That fixed a lot for me, though I still have issues. They really need to allow beta testing of their app through Google Play. I believe a lot of issues stem from the app and they put these updates out there without proper beta testing, which is ludicrous. They're clearly losing a lot of business through poor product development and poor customer service. I would love to beta test the app and tell them that it's garbage before they thrust it upon people.
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Finally satisfied with the doorbell. I returned it and purchased another AVD. This one seems to be working perfectly. Perhaps there was a bad batch of them or something.... Contact Arlo to get another or return it and buy another.
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Back to crap. If these idiots don't fix this trash before Black Friday, I'm changing to Eufy. They have stellar product AND app reviews, local storage, they say it's a one time cost won't hurt your wallet purchase, anti theft alarms on their cameras, image enhancement technology, etc. I've spent too much time on this junk recently to change now. Black Friday is my deadline......
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Manolo86,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation