Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connecting Arlo Video doorbell to Smarthub VMB4000 Base

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
wallyf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Pro 2 Four Camera system with a VMB4000 Smarthub base. Before I purchase a wired Video Doorbell, I want to know if I can connect it to my Smarthub base as the fifth camera. I want the same functionality as another Pro 2 camera. Apparently there have been issues in the past.

My base has the firmware, version1.16.3.4_3614_c289.

If the wire video doorbell can be connected, do I get the same functionality as a regular camera???

Wallyf

3 REPLIES 3
ECKWWE
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased the wired video doorbell (on sale at $99) for my 4 camera pro system with VMB4000 hub. The doorbell was easy to install and now shows as a fifth camera with same features as my Arlo Pro cameras. Make sure you set the motion sensitivity on the doorbell to not pick up every car driving by. Seems to work well.

Warren E.

tanyakicks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get it to sync at all.  I followed all the directions.  It rings but I cannot get it to sync to my Smart Hub.  I only have 2 camera's on my Smart hub and all of the my other older cameras are connected to my Netgear hub.  HELP!  I'm frustrated beyond words!

ECKWWE
Initiate
Initiate

Might want to try the following steps found in previous Arlo support comments on the same subject. 

Also make sure your doorbell is within range to make the hub connection.  My installation connected without any issue.  Hope this helps.  Also I've had very good experience with Arlo customer tech support in handling some camera issues,  might want to call them if problem is not resolved.

1. Reboot your Smarthub with a simple power reset, by disconnecting the AC power for at least fifteen seconds, then plug the power back in.
2. Perform a factory reset of the Video Doorbell ONLY. Insert a paperclip into the reset hole located on the back of the video doorbell, located between the power terminals. Press and hold the reset button with the paper clip for ten (10) seconds until the button on the front of the doorbell begins flashing quickly. Allow the doorbell approximately 45 seconds to boot back up and give a solid white light.
3. Try onboarding once again.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation