Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Compatibility with simple two wire bell system

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tatsfield
Follower
Follower

I haven't bought an Arlo door bell yet.  I previously bought a Ring video doorbell but had to return it.  I have a door bell which is part of my whole home security system.  It is simply two wires which when touched together by the most simple contact bellpush complete a computer key circuit and sound the bell.  All I require from a video door bell is that it passively completes the circuit in exactly the same way as touching together the two wires.  I do not need to send power down the wires or receive power from the wires.  The first wouldn't happen and the second might well blow up my computerised security system.  Simple question.  Does the Arlo doorbell have two contacts on the back which are connected when you press the button.  Nothing more fancy than that.  Anything else and the device is of no use to me and I would have to send it back as I did with the Ring unit.  My experience is that no one wants to tell you this sort of technicality or they just don't know or understand the problem.  Anyone who does know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo doorbell camera needs to be powered by min 16vac... it will not work as you describe just by continuing loop ( key press )....

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo doorbell camera needs to be powered by min 16vac... it will not work as you describe just by continuing loop ( key press )....

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation