Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Does the Arlo chime work with the Arlo video doorbell?

I have the pro 3 cameras, 5 camera smart plan and the 4540 smart hub. If the chime is hooked up using the hub does it count as one of the 5 cameras towards the plan or can you have 5 cameras and still add the chime?

Can you have more than one chime paired with the doorbell?

Is there a way to control the volume on the chime? If not how loud is it? I ask this as I'm very hard of hearing.

I tried asking these questions using the chat option. I was number 11 in line. When it finally got to be my turn as soon as I typed the 1 question and pressed enter I got the reconnecting message, of course it never reconnected. I'm not at all surprised given all the other problems that I have saw lately.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the chime works with the video doorbell as long as both are synced to your base. No, the chime doesn't count as a camera since it doesn't have a camera. Yes, there's a volume setting when you select a sound clip to be played by it. If you have a smartphone with the app, you also get a call on the phone when the button is pressed so you have multiple indications. I believe that you can have multiple chimes connected to one doorbell but it may be limited to 2 or 3.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the chime works with the video doorbell as long as both are synced to your base. No, the chime doesn't count as a camera since it doesn't have a camera. Yes, there's a volume setting when you select a sound clip to be played by it. If you have a smartphone with the app, you also get a call on the phone when the button is pressed so you have multiple indications. I believe that you can have multiple chimes connected to one doorbell but it may be limited to 2 or 3.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@jguerdat 

Thanks for the info. This is exactly what I needed to know.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation