Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Capture image when ring button pressed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Krynn
Follower
Follower

Is there any way to have the Video Doorbell take a picture when the button is pressed and send that with the SIP video call to my phone?

I pay for Arlo Smart, I get the motion notifications...  but as soon as the doorbell button is pressed the incoming SIP call takes over my device and I can no longer see my notifications until I either dismiss the call or answer it!  

I understand that Arlo's recommendation is to just answer the call with your phone on mute...  it just feels very frustrating to not see who is at the door BEFORE you accept the incoming call.  Especially since sometimes it would make more sense for my wife to answer the call instead of myself, or vice-versa.  

What I would like the process to be is really not that different...  Just a small change.  When the SIP call comes in, have the background be a static image that was taken as the doorbell button was pressed.  At least that way when my display is taken over by the incoming call, I can see who it is without having to answer it.  After all, isn't that the point of this system?

1 REPLY 1
ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

You are right, I already asked that here ....

But this ( basic & obvious ) function doesn't exist, for ... an unknown reason ... 🤔

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation