Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Vincent2166
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have had the video doorbell installed for a couple of months now and at first it all worked fine. But recently (in the last few 2 weeks) no one has been able to answer any any of the calls from the doorbell. I've tried reinstalling the app and resyncing the doorbell and neither has helped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is now resolved with the latest firmware releases for Arlo Base Stations/SmartHubs (for AVD1001) and AVD2001 doorbells. Please make sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware and test again to see if you're still experiencing any issues.

Latest firmware versions can be found here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

JamesC

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vincent2166,

When you say no one has been able to answer the calls, could you provide more details? What happens when a call comes in and you try to answer it?

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app updated and installed from the app store?

JamesC

Vincent2166
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, sorry I should have been clearer.

So when the doorbell gets pressed I get an alert on my phone and the options to answer or decline the call come on screen. I go to answer the call and I then get the video and the buttons (mute, speaker, end call) but that only lasts 1 second before the app crashes.

I've tried on both mine and my wife's phone and both are on the latest app version. I have also tried unsyncing and resyncing the device but the same issue occurs.

kkoster15
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone resolved or received any updates for this issue? I just bought an Arlo video doorbell and everything works fine except the fact that it drops calls when someone rings the doorbell. I called support and they said they are aware of the issue but couldn't give me any other information as to timeline for when it would be resolved. This is the most basic function of this doorbell and it is defective straight out of the box (and Arlo is aware, but still selling these devices). I realize it's not all video doorbells but it's disappointing to hear this has been a known issue for almost a year and still no fix. I wanted to keep all my products in the Arlo ecosystem but considering returning this and going with another company.

Jago94
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue here. I have a ticket from a couple of weeks ago, I asked last week for an update with no response.  I have taken all of the steps requested with no resolution.  We are paying for a service here that we cannot use.  I hope they plan on compensating us for this.   This has been an issue for about a month now.  Also, I have the original Arlo doorbell (no video) and that works fine.   So this issue is only with the video doorbell (mine is wired)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the development team. I will provide an update once I have more information.

JamesC

Vincent2166
Tutor
Tutor

I had a look around the forum and there are others with the same problem too. It seems like it is an issue that is only affecting android 11 as my wifes ios phone and our android 10 tablet both can pick up fine.

LoniElaine
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought the wired video doorbell and a set of pro 3 cameras. I am having this same issue with the doorbell. I am using a Samsung Galaxy note 10+.
Jago94
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think Vincent is correct about the Arlo app not working with Android 11. It used to be fine but an update along the way broke it. Could be an Arlo update or Android....all I know is that it stopped answering calls a little over a month ago for me.
kwando
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an ETA for a resolution on this issue?  If not, how do we go about returning the device since it is no longer functioning as advertised?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue. I do not have an ETA for availability at this time but I will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share.

JamesC

Mak2125
Guide
Guide
Same issue on the wire free doorbells, have two of them at two differant houses , both dont work when someone rings them ,

Those things are rubbish.
Jago94
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's not the devices, they are good IMO, it's the software and how Android 11 interacts with it. I hope this gets resolved soon. Arlo should compensate us for this interruption of service.
Mak2125
Guide
Guide

It's actually a pretty good little system TBH when it works, Just have done my nanna sorting the doorbell issue out and spat it without exhausting all ideas but now Ive finally put a bit more time into it.

I Have narrowed the problem down, Issue seems to be with the iPhone and iPad on cellular data not taking calls properly.

They work fine within a wifi network but on cellular they just grey screen on answer and then drop the call doesn't seem to matter what carrier.

I finally fired a samsung up tonight and seems to work fine on the android with no issues.

Hope this saves someone else a lot of time as Ive put hours and hours into resetting / logs / back and forth with support / between the two properties and now hopefully support will be able to resolve now we've narrowed it right down.

When they work I can't really fault the things.

Jago94
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Mak, what OS version is your Android running? I have treated as well and any version of Android 11 it fails, older versions it works. Vincent reported that his iOS devices worked so I wonder if that is OS version dependent as well. I have tested my non working phones in same Wi-Fi, different Wi-Fi and mobile with same results. I used to rely on this system to answer when FedEx and UPS arrive to let them in the garage when they have signed packages. Now I can't do that. Sigh..... Lol
Mak2125
Guide
Guide

Its android version 10 , and using a samsung Galaxy A31.

I'll see if I can update it and then see if it still works..

Update when Ive got a result.

Jago94
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I were you, I would hold off on the OS update. My Note8 that has version 10 works, my Note10+ and GalaxyS 21 that are on brown version 11, do not.

I have swapped out my Arlo video doorbell with another branded one until this gets resolved. I need to be able to answer my dang doorbell.
Mak2125
Guide
Guide
updated the android to V11 now that doesn’t work either now..

Same grey screen..
Mak2125
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the heads up, all the IOS are up to date already unfortunately,

These things have done my head in , certainly have spent some valuable hours trouble shooting these things..
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has a fix ready for release that we hope to be available for everyone by early next week. I will keep this thread updated as we gather more information.

JamesC

Mak2125
Guide
Guide

Hey not sure if what was just released was the one your talking about,

but V3.5.4 still does not work on IOS 14.7.1 even with the firmware 1.2.1.0_480_2bc43d0_b595c6d installed..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Firmware releases have gone out that should resolve this issue for AVD1001 users. A release for AVD2001 will be going out tonight to resolve this issue for Wire-Free users. I will post another update once all firmware releases are complete.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is now resolved with the latest firmware releases for Arlo Base Stations/SmartHubs (for AVD1001) and AVD2001 doorbells. Please make sure your system is up to date with the latest firmware and test again to see if you're still experiencing any issues.

Latest firmware versions can be found here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

JamesC

Vincent2166
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your update. I have tested this on my phone and it is working now.

Jago94
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will install my doorbell again and test out shortly.
Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation