Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can the Arlo Video Doorbell connect or work with the "Neighbors" app?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
MJanis
Guide
Guide

I just bought an Arlo Video Doorbell to replace another type of doorbell i had.  Can the Arlo Video Doorbell connect or work with the "Neighbors" app?  It would be great if it works.  Please let me know Arlo has the capability.

Thanks,

M. Janis

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbell cam would be on your account, but don't know of any reason why you can't "share" the doorbell camera with others ( just like all the other cameras )

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MJanis
Guide
Guide

I tried to upload/ post a recording from the Arlo Video Doorbell (where a stranger was walking around my property - driveway, side of the house and front of the house at 1:30AM) - tried to post in on the "Neighbors" app and was not able to accomplish this.  This is a Ring app where people (close to your neighborhood) post suspicious activities, people, etc.    

I guess Arlo Cannot share with other apps - - you just keep to yourself of "friends" that you have added on your Arlo account.  If my neighbors do not have Arlo cameras - we can Not share the information, in order for homeowners to be safe and watch out for each other????

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MJanis,

Content can be shared by creating a link from the Arlo library. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I share video clips in my Arlo account?

JamesC

MJanis
Guide
Guide

What I am referring to is - to Upload video to the "Neighbors" app which is a "Ring" app.  This app ONLY allows videos which are created by a Ring product. 

Can Arlo develop an app like the "Neighbors" = call it "Arlo Next Door Neighbors" ?? , Where not only Arlo camera owners but could include other security camera makers = = so communities could share videos of - intruders, thieves, other crimes and / or acitivities within a certain area/proximity of where you live. 

This would be a Great exposure for Arlo !  And would increase the security level of our communities and where our families live.

MJanis
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

Thanks for the link.  I know how to share by videos with family and friends from the Arlo app.   But I am referring to a bigger surrounding community  - an app like "Neighbors", where Ring product owners can post and share videos to improve the safety of our neighborhoods.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MJanis wrote:

JamesC,

Thanks for the link.  I know how to share by videos with family and friends from the Arlo app.   But I am referring to a bigger surrounding community  - an app like "Neighbors", where Ring product owners can post and share videos to improve the safety of our neighborhoods.

Arlo doesn't offer a direct upload to Neighbors.

Though I don't use Neighbors myself, Ring says that "Users can choose to share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including but not limited to Ring’s home security devices".  So you should be able to upload Arlo videos to Neighbors (after downloading them to your phone or tablet).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation