Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't restore Door Bell to phone.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tymlis08
Follower
Follower

I have tried everything suggested to restore the door bell back to my phone after deleting it after changing out the door bell transformer. My door bell can't be found during search and it constantly tells me that I am not connected to the internet. I can't connect to the internet because there isn't any prompt that would lead me to the internet sign on. What can I do at this point. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tymlis08 wrote:

My door bell can't be found during search and it constantly tells me that I am not connected to the internet.

It seems more likely that the "not connected to the internet" mesage is coming from the phone.  The doorbell status would show up as offline, not saying anything about internet.

Can you check that the phone is connected to your home wifi, and also that the app permissions allow it to use both your home wifi network and cellular data?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tymlis08,

If the doorbell was offline at the time it was removed, you may also need to factory reset it before it can be onboarded again.

Follow the instructions here to factory reset before attempting to onboard: https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation