Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR (continuous video recording)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Bren63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Before buying the Arlo wired video doorbell I am pretty sure I read Arlo gave you an option to purchase the CVR (continuous video recording) plan with this doorbell. I have purchased, installed and then tried to purchase the CVR subscription plan. Apparently it will not let me subscriptive to the CVR plan. Why???
I did sign up for the $2.99 monthly plan so I thought I should be able to add the CVR plan for $9.99.
Can someone please help on how I get the cvr plan added to my wired video doorbell?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbell doesn't support CVR, apparently due to power restrictions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbell doesn't support CVR, apparently due to power restrictions.

Bren63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you.
DazJones21
Tutor
Tutor

Same issues, little solutions 

• no CVR for wired doorbell 
  • very slow response. By the time we get a notification, the person is gone. We run gig speed, Internet, and multiple devices with no issues.
  • Clunky user interface. The last issue was when I got a new phone. You actually had to say ‘don’t trust this device’ to get to work. A known an issue on forums. 
  • Showing ads for their products when we get notifications? Ridiculous. I already paid way too much. 
  • Issues with Geo-fencing and iOS updates. 
  • Oh, no ability to use automatic voice with the doorbell unless somebody pushes it. 
  • Night vision is seriously lacking. 
  • Constant glare from ambient light clouds vision. Solution? Turn front lights by your door off?!?
  • if someone walks straight toward your camera, like many homes are laid out, camera is slow to pick up motion. 
  • Camera settings difficult. U/I seems to show motion detection set up correctly, but reverts back because it must be setup within rules. 

The solutions I was able to find were mostly through Reddit forums. I compare Arlo with friends’ systems and theirs are better picture quality, faster, and cheaper.  The killer for me is the lack of CVR with the doorbell. I got it when it first came out and Arlo support repeated at they didn’t have it… yet. Here we are, still none. Buyer beware. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation