Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buy Arlo doorbell wired from Amazon.com

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IdanIsra
Follower
Follower
Hi everyone,

In my country all doorbells chimes use 12v. I see that the Arlo Video Doorbell wired version requires 24v - so that won’t work.

However, I did see in some posts that there should be an adapter in the box if I buy the product in Europe.

Does the versions sold in Amazon.com also come with an adapter for the voltage?

Thanks!
Idan.
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IdanIsra wrote:

In my country all doorbells chimes use 12v. I see that the Arlo Video Doorbell wired version requires 24v - so that won’t work.

However, I did see in some posts that there should be an adapter in the box if I buy the product in Europe.

The AVD1001 requires 16-24vac.  You can use a plug-in adapter if you don't care about your chime. 

A better option might be the AVD2001 - which has a battery.  It will trickle-charge the battery down to 8 vac, so it is compatible with your existing transformer and chime.  One caveat - at the moment the AVD2001 only connects to your local wifi.  You can't pair it with a base.  Arlo says they are planning that feature, but they haven't said when it will be available.

Note both doorbells need a subscription to get cloud storage and activity zones. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation