Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wired doorbell latest version

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
megz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, I tried contacting support directly and haven't heard back, so thought I'd post here. We just installed our new wired video doorbell and can't seem to get the toggle for "leave your message" under "call settings" to work properly. Specifically, we don't want the doorbell to tell people to leave messages. We don't want messages on our doorbell pretty much from anybody, ever. It seems like if it's toggled off, the doorbell shouldn't invite people to leave a message. But we've fiddled with every possible combination of settings and the silent mode and whatever else and can't make it stop. Alternatively, if there's no way to disable that, how can we record a message that overrides the standard message and tells people not to leave a message? :).  Thanks in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't create your own message so that's not an option. As for turning the "leave a message" off, I use that with no issue. If toggling the setting and power cycling the doorbell don't help, I would remove the doorbell and reinstall it. That should clear out any weirdnesses.

megz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, jguerdat. We'll see what else everyone recommends -- already had to redo the whole process once already, so would rather avoid that if we can! But if we have to, we have to....

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation