Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wired doorbell - couldn't get it to connect to the Arlo base

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tjgd
Follower
Follower

I purchased this doorbell last November and my daughter installed the doorbell but could not get it to work.   My son, an electrical engineer who visited after Christmas, also tried to get it to work but couldn't get it to connect to the Arlo base.  Today I had an electrician who tried, with no success, to get it to work.  Since Arlo has no support team I am frustrated and disappointed.  I loved my Arlo security cameras which is why I opted to order the Arlo doorbell.  After the first two attempts to get the doorbell to work, I thought I could return it to purchase a battery doorbell but there was no way to contact Arlo to discuss the possibility.  What kind of shady company has no support team or customer service and no way to contact the company? 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check the FAQs?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

What base do you have?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tjgd,

At what point during setup do you experience an issue? What error messages do you see?

JamesC

GnarlyYeti
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this Video Doorbell for less than 2 years, about a year and a half.  All three cameras and the Wired Video Doorbell worked flawlessly for about a year and a half.   All of a sudden the doorbell lost connection and no matter what I try, nothing resolves the issue.  None of the FAQs, troubleshooting guides, or resources I have found online remedy the issue.  I also have an issue with another camera that took a dump around the same time frame.  It will connect to the Smart Hub, however you cannot get a feed from the camera.  Now I have another camera that is acting up after resetting the Smart Hub base station and starting from scratch.   Arlo practically has no tech support.  This was a poor investment.  Because of the way my house is built, running wires for cameras is not practical.  I will not recommend Arlo to anyone and I'm researching a more reliable option for at least the same price tag.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GnarlyYeti,

What troubleshooting have you done with your doorbell? Could you provide more specific details about what you're experiencing? (LED behaviors, error messages when attempting to onboard, etc.)

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation