Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wired doorbell 1001 cannot connect to Hub

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kevin_S
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased an Arlo wired video doorbell and from day one I cannot get the audio to work. That was not an irritant as much. The door bell since stopped working and would not connect to base. I have tried numerous times connecting it to hub and even directly to router, but of no avail. Reviewing the feedback from other customers, I think this product is very POORLY designed and the company did not rectify all the issues before commercialization. This experience has been very frustrating.  

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you swap at the store in case it was a faulty doorbell? Did you use Settings, Support to contact official support to possibly start an RMA?

Kevin_S
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I did not swap at the store. I worked with Arlo for a replacement and that also did not last too long. Initially, it worked well and then the hub light started flashing orange and it stopped recognizing this bell. I have tried all avenues of uninstalling and re-installing the bell but still no fix. I also tried to bypass the hub and connect it directly to router. 

I had recently purchased 4 Ultra 2 cameras to build a network which continue to work well with the hub. So, the hub is not defective. 

I would appreciate your honest feedback and strong technical support so that I don't have to continue to face this issue of a dysfunctional equipment.  

Thanks

Kevin

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevin_S wrote:

I would appreciate your honest feedback and strong technical support so that I don't have to continue to face this issue of a dysfunctional equipment.  

FWIW, neither @jguerdat nor I work for Arlo.

My own AVD1001 is connected through a VMB5000 smarthub.  It remains connected, and audio is working. The door frame is wrapped with metal, and there is also a metal screen door.  There are also some inconveniently placed floor-to-ceiling pipes along the signal path.

I see more video corruption on the doorbell than I do on my other cameras.  I believe this is largely due to the metal blocking the wifi signal.  It's not the only camera covering the entrance, so I can live with it.  But at some point I will switch it over to my home mesh wifi, and see if that works better.

Kevin_S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks both. While it is good to hear that you dont have the issues i experience with the door bell, I still do not know what is needed to fix this issue with my door bell.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevin_S wrote:

I still do not know what is needed to fix this issue with my door bell.  

I am thinking that you need to remove it from the account, do a reset, and then attempt to re-add it.  Though I suspect you've already tried that.

I am also wondering about power, since two doorbells have failed to stay connected - perhaps replacing the transformer would help.

You could of course open a new support case, and request another RMA.

Kevin_S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Steve for input. I tried the rebooting option a few times. I checked the power with volt meter and it’s within specs. How do you open a new RMA? With all the consumer complaints listed here, I am now skeptical of the quality.  Thanks again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevin_S wrote:

How do you open a new RMA? 

You'd have to go into the support area of the app, and contact support again.  I suggest the phone option, so you can avoid the chat bot.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation