Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wired Doorbell not saving to video Archives

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
eyesrusone
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro and 3 Arlo Pro 4 cameras, as well as an Arlo wired doorbell.  Cameras all record to library, but doorbell does not.  Option to change recording mode is not available.  What is causing this?

System - VMB4540r3, VMB4000r3, Doorbell 1.2,   (#4) Arlo Pro H3,  (#3) Arlo Pro4 H4

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eyesrusone wrote:

I have 4 Arlo Pro and 3 Arlo Pro 4 cameras, as well as an Arlo wired doorbell.  Cameras all record to library, but doorbell does not.  Option to change recording mode is not available.  What is causing this?

One possibility is that the doorbell isn't in the subscription plan.  So check that first (click on "manage cameras" in the subscription area).

eyesrusone
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t have a subscription option. These are new and fall under the 3 month free period. If it won’t work right in the first 3 mo, not sure I’ll be keeping the new units.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eyesrusone wrote:
I don’t have a subscription option. These are new and fall under the 3 month free period.

Ok, so in the trial subscription.  You should be able to confirm that also by looking in the subscription area of the app.

If you live stream the doorbell video, can you make a manual recording or snapshot?

eyesrusone
Aspirant
Aspirant
No snap shot. Not in subscription section.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eyesrusone wrote:
No snap shot. Not in subscription section.

Not sure you understood my response.

(a) when you livestream the doorbell by touching the image on the main screen, then if you have a subscription you will see a controls to record what you seeing - either as a snapshot or as a video.  I'm asking you to confirm that you have that feature.   

(b) You should also see the doorbell's trial subscription (and the subscription's end date) if you look in the subscription area of the app (or my.arlo.com).

eyesrusone
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I stated in my previous post. No snap shot available. Also, camera doesn’t show in subscription section. Not sure why

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eyesrusone wrote:

Also, camera doesn’t show in subscription section. Not sure why

When did you get the camera?  Is it possible the 3 month trial expired?

Also, are you using the primary account for the camera? Or has it been shared to your account?

If you have a paid multicamera subscription, then double check that the doorbell isn't listed in the "no plan" section of "manage cameras".  If it is, you can drag it into the list for the subscription plan.

eyesrusone
Aspirant
Aspirant

From Costco last month. No plans yet as they subscription cameras and the doorbell are still 60 days from end of trial period. Only one account. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eyesrusone wrote:

From Costco last month. No plans yet as they subscription cameras and the doorbell are still 60 days from end of trial period. 

If the trial subscription is in place for the camera, then that subscription will show up in the subscription area of the app.  You said earlier that you aren't seeing it there - which is consistent to not getting any storage.

eyesrusone
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is part of the issue. It is under trial 90 day period, yet doesn’t show. Also, I have local storage set up as well. I have a 1TB drive attached to both base stations. Yet still no images. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eyesrusone wrote:

Also, I have local storage set up as well. I have a 1TB drive attached to both base stations. Yet still no images. 

Only the two smarthubs (VMB4540 and VMB5000) allow you to access locally stored videos from the app.  Other bases don't have that feature - they can store locally, but you need to eject the storage and connect it to a PC for viewing.

@eyesrusone wrote:

It is under trial 90 day period, yet doesn’t show.

Do you see the trial in the subscription area of the app (or my.arlo.com)?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation