Arlo video doorbell hub vs WiFi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
I have mesh WiFi in my house. Would connecting the video doorbell or to the hub from my pro cameras give battery connectivity? Right now I have it connected to my hub and sometimes I get a jumbled video. I think my WiFi signal is better then hub signal. Thoughts? Can I switch easily?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's easy enough to switch - remove the doorbell and set it up fresh but connect to your WiFi. Dunno if it would be better but it's worth a try. The major thing you'd miss, if already set up, is local recordings from the doorbell.

ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice

The reason to connect video doorbell to smart hub so I can capture to video doorbell to local storage.

Useless when Arlo offer this solution of local storage which does not work signal is so weak cannot get any live view, or video recording.  When the rest of the cameras are at further distance and connected to the hub and it is working.

This Video doorbell is a disapppoinment.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that the doorbell has a different mounting location than almost any other cameras. The house construction and siding trim can all get in there to cause the signal to be degraded. You may not have a choice of location but that's where the choice between base/hub or WiFi connection can make a difference.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation