Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo video doorbell 2nd generation - Wired doorbell installed without allowing access to the top rel

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CdnVcr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wired doorbell installed without allowing access to the top release - needs charging - how to take off the wall or deal with the non charging. Doorbell wiring isn't enough.  I prefer not to mess with the breaker board.  I'd rather pull off somehow and re-install (may have to buy new) as just battery option or leave wired but charge battery manually?

Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you possibly bend a small paperclip to allow access to the release? It could be possible that use of a small drill bit at an appropriate angle could be used to create a small hole in whatever material is blocking access. A small hole would be easier to fill afterwards if needed.

BTW, the wired version of the doorbell doesn't need recharging - the existing wiring already does that. Do you mean you have the wireless version?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you possibly bend a small paperclip to allow access to the release? It could be possible that use of a small drill bit at an appropriate angle could be used to create a small hole in whatever material is blocking access. A small hole would be easier to fill afterwards if needed.

BTW, the wired version of the doorbell doesn't need recharging - the existing wiring already does that. Do you mean you have the wireless version?

CdnVcr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the excellent advice.  I followed your suggestion and was able to saw enough of a space between the wood and top of the doorbell to get at the release.  The bent paperclip was perfect to take it off.  Bonus was no damage to the doorbell and very slight damage to the wood.

I have the wired version and I connected it to my doorbell.  I thought it would work to charge the doorbell as well.   However there isn't enough power to sufficiently charge the doorbell.  Apparently a transformer is required.  I didn't want to go that route so I prefer to take the doorbell off and manually charge it.    Perfect solution now that it can be accessed and is another excellent reason why it's good to have a doorbell that has both the wired and battery option.

Cdnvcr - M 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation