Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video door bell works better on 2.4ghz than base station

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hb728
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the door bell connected with the arlo ultra base station and was having problems live streaming. I would have to turn camera off then on to get it work 95 percent of the time. When the bell would ring the video would freeze but audio would work. I solved this by resetting the arlo video door bell and reconnecting but this time when it asks if you want to go through arlo base station i put no and went straight to the 2.4 ghz and so far its working. Steams live with out having to turn camera off and on from app and video is coming.

5 REPLIES 5
Hb728
Aspirant
Aspirant
I meant 2.4GHz
And so far april 7, 2020 the arlo video door bell is working perfect with just wii fii. Only videos from video door bell wont save on the smart hubs sd card installed. It saves on the cloud which is still under the 3 month trial which expires july 5th 2020. My arlo ultra 4 camera subscription should be ending somtimes in may 2020 which is going to be one year with these arlo ultras installed. Lots of live streaming problem which was fixed moving router and smart hub closer and getting rid of the wii fii extender and connecting it directly to the xfinity modem. Having the door bell connected to smart hub connects but nothing but problems with live steaming and freezing video when door bell is answered but with wii fii works smooth. Also the detect motion symbol dissapeared when connecting directly to wii fii and the sd symbol on my android. But as long as it works right. So having the smart hub connected just gives you couple more options like sd card but you have to be on same network to use the sd card feature from your phone unless you re route your router vpn then you can look at videos any where else. The ultra records on sd in 4k well it says 4k. Videos quality is nothing to complain about as long as wii fii signal strong. 2 to 3 bars works good. Before i did all these configurations listed above i would have full bars but had a difficult time streaming live. Cameras still miss alot of motion and miss event. Sometimes one records and the other ones programmed to turn on but it does not turn on not even if there's motion which kind of sucks because makes you miss important events.
Hb728
Aspirant
Aspirant
I meant to say the audio detect symbol dissapeared not the detect motion. Hope this summery could help someone but everyone is facing different issues and it all depends on set up and home its installed in because of walls and stuff. Wii fii cameras are not reliable. The continuous recording plan prob would save you from missing events but its very expensive but if the motion and sound detect and the trigger from one camera to turn recording on another the way you set it actually worked like its supposed we shouldnt be having any issues
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I was also seeing a better connection to my home wifi than I am getting to my base station (VMB4540 in my case).

The base is fairly close to the relevant Orbi satellite, so it isn't distance.  A nearby Pro-3 camera is connecting fine, so it's also not WiFi interference.

In addition to live streaming issues, I am also seeing corrupted recordings.   

Hb728
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything was working good for couple of days then again 2 cameras dont live stream and dont record videos and also wouldnt let me restart from app so had to unplug base station got couple minutes and then one camera still offline. Restarted once when it would let me on app still same problem then unplug again still same problem. So sick of these cameras. Not worth it. Now have to get step ladder and re sync camera. This is almost a every week thing since i had these. Almost been 11 months and same problems sometimes even worst. Keep having to reset, restart, re sync this is ridiculous.
Hb728
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update it went back online without re syncing
Just bunch of unplugging router and arlo base station and couple restarts. Thank god didnt have to get a ladder and re sync camera
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation