Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro video doorbell installation issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Moug23
Follower
Follower
Hi

Can someone help, im in the UK and have purchased the arlo video doorbell to add to the camera set up I have but I'm struggling, as is my father in law whos a electrician, to install the Bell.

My source for the current door bell is below the required power required for the arlo doorbell, and we have the transformer, does that get put into the main board, and then the power source added to the current door bell? (Photo attached) .

I had bought another door bell as read up it works with the ring version but still doesn't seem appropriate. I know the chime may not work with the arlo but see there's a new plug in chime available now.

If anyone can do a full idiots walk me through guide it would be much appreciated,

Thanks
Stevie
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

US-based so no direct experience. Somehow you need to use an 16-24v transformer. Since your input voltage is double that of what's in the US, make sure you get one for 240v input and 16-24v output. If you won't use the existing chime, you can pull the existing transformer out and possibly replace it with the new one if it fits. I'd expect you can use the existing wiring at this point.

You won't be able to use your existing chime if it's powered by the 240v but you could order a US-spec doorbell and use that. Arlo also offers a chime that plugs into a wall socket that could be used. This chime needs to connect to a base or hub which would be most convenient if you have an existing system to connect it to. Otherwise, you'd also need to buy a base or hub.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation