Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo minus a subscription is just a video doorbell w/o any storage or features.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Verified
Follower
Follower
Buyer beware.
1) Arlo minus a subscription is just a video doorbell w/o any storage or features.
2) When your free trial is near ending, you’ll get an email coaxing you to pay for a subscription…however if you were to purchase a subscription with time left in your free trial, the paid subscription begins THE DAY YOU PURCHASE it. NOT at the end of the free trial. Arlo has ZERO way of refunding you or prorating you for the time left in the free trial.
I do not recommend this company AT ALL.
2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi, You can enable local storage on a Base Station or SmartHub and cameras that are connected to that base station will save their recordings to the connected storage drive, but the storage drive must be ejected and connected to a computer to be viewed. To do this, take a look here: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

The Arlo Ultra, Pro 3, and Video Doorbell come with a free Arlo Smart trial. When the trial expires, you have the option to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription. Without an Arlo Smart subscription, you can still add up to 5 cameras to your Arlo account, live stream, and receive motion and audio notifications.

Lcs1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree no 7 day storage to library makes this useless for me. I also would recommend Arlo however removing the 7 day rolling video storage has changed my endorsement of this product

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation