Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo doorbell won’t connect to eero

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mak48
Follower
Follower
Ever since I installed the eero mesh router, I have not been able to reconfigure my wired arlo doorbell. I tried turning off 5Ghz as well as WiFi 6 but no luck. This happened while the device was still under warranty but I never got a resolution from support. My warranty ended and now I’m stuck because I’m apparently no longer entitled to even contact support. How does this make any sense?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could temporarily subscribe so you could contact support via Settings, Support.

MaxGoldman45
Aspirant
Aspirant

After four days of trying everything I can find, I still cannot connect my new doorbell to my eero 5 mesh router.  There is power to the doorbell, it is adjacent to one of the eero beacons and in the vicinity of other smart devices that have robust internet connection.  I repeatedly get past the wifi password screen to the "When the LED light on the front of the Arlo Doorbell is flashing white, you're good to go!" screen.  But the LED light never flashes and the QR scan never activates, and my Arlo doorbell has never shown up on my Arlo profile so I can't reset it.  I have set up modems, routers, Kasa smart systems, garage doors, etc. on my wifi and have never had problems of the magnitude I've had with this.  What is the secret to this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One trick someone posted a few hours ago:

Create a hotspot in the phone, and on-board the AVD1001 to the hotspot network.   After setup, go back in and change the wifi to your Eero WiFi.

rock_Jockey
Initiate
Initiate

I was able to onboard my new doorbell and camera by using the Eero Guest WiFi network instead of the main one. The Guest network is 2.4 gHz-only. I've left them on this network, since the the main auto-switches between bands, and, as yet, it is not possible to restrict a device to just one. We should request the Eero devs to add this capability.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation