Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app doesnt connect

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Newarlouser2021
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey, what ahould i do? I tried everything, i disconnected the 5Ghz, i did resets but doesnt connect to my wifi.

My neighbours asked me to install the doorbell at their place, but doesnt connect. It connects to my home wifi though.

What could be the reason?how should i configure my router?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You say you can connect to your WiFi so you don't need to configure your router - you'd need to configure the owners'.

WHat ISP? What router? Is the router owned by the ISP or by the neighbors? For the former, the ISP needs to open ports 80, 123 and 443. In any event, has anyone set up extra security on the router such as MAC filtering, parental settings, etc.? Also, ensure that a VPN is not in use on the router or any device trying to set up the doorbell.

Newarlouser2021
Aspirant
Aspirant
Luxemburg: Post Lux
Router: Fritzbox 7490 on the first floor and fritzbox 40 40 ac(accesspoint) .
So i open those ports?

Why does it work at my home and not there?its basically the same router and provider.

I try to contact the provider too:)
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm in the US so have no input about the ISP or router. If someone who is familiar with these items doesn't add their input, you'll need to talk to the ISP and/or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they can help. Since it works on your network, it has to be some setting in your neighbor's network.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation