Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sug
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Wired Video Doorbell is not a true Apple HomeKit Product

It does not work with home kit as a stand alone product.

In order for it work you must buy the

RIGHT Arlo Hub @$250.00 plus plus or no Homekit Recording or streaming ..I found this out the hard way after over 2-5 hours with Arlo's Support that are very nice but have lack of knowledge about  about the pairing with Homekit.

The other brand video doorbells work perfect with Apple Homekit.

The Arlo Doorbell is a better product in video coverage and quality and does not shut down in high temps over 100 degrees the Logitech Circle failed daily, was return.

Arlo hubs are not the same buy the wrong one and you are only 50% Homekit compatible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sug,

Correct. When utilizing HomeKit integration, a compatible Arlo Base Station or SmartHub is required. For more information on this, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sug,

Correct. When utilizing HomeKit integration, a compatible Arlo Base Station or SmartHub is required. For more information on this, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit

JamesC

Sug
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, True and Full HomeKit compatibles is A-Z--- Not. ??? then A then C then F then $$$..  its like buying the a car, but if you want to turn and not go only straight PLEASE PAY EXTRA TO TURN OR MORE IF YOU WANT TO GO IN REVERSE....

Buy more Arlo products to make it work, Arlo tech support agents do not have enough knowledge on how to make it 100% HomeKit compatible, hence spent over 4 hours on the phone with them.

As a Heavy HomeKit user,I have added over 30 varied company HomeKit compatible devices all very easy. After over 3 hours with Arlo Tech Support just to add one. Arlo Wired Doorbell to HomeKit its a costly path and very time consuming like no other.

My point its not a true HomeKit compatible device, unless you buy more Arlo products.

? question for you where does a Arlo consumer find this information prior to the phurchase, to insure its 100% Apple HomeKit compatible..On Arlos product advertising can you show me where it tells a consumer what it will not be a true home kit product unless you buy and add the following so you can accept the add cost. True and Full HomeKit compatibles is A-Z not A then C then F then $$$..

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation