Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cgallatin
Star
Star

I have had the arlo doorbell (wired) for over a year. For about 8 months now, it has 100% of the time cut out or has poor/grainy video (bottom portion cut out).

Checked the transformer and it is good. The wifi is not the issue either.

Why am I paying for a half-baked product?????? Seems like most of your products are junk and I wish I never purchased. I will make sure to steer people away from this company.

arlo error 01.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
cgallatin
Star
Star
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you connected to WiFi or a base/hub? Are there any wireless devices near the doorbell? What is the signal strength displayed?

cgallatin
Star
Star

Im connected to the base/hub through my wifi. No wireless devices near doorbell.
The signal strength on the doorbell display shows 2 of the 3 bars, if that's what you are referring to....

cgallatin
Star
Star
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't connect to a base or hub through your WiFi. You either connect directly to your WiFi or to that base or hub using the Arlo WiFi network generated.

Since you seem to be connected to a base or hub (what model number?) try moving that away from your router to see if that helps. What is your house construction? How many walls does the signal pass through and what's the distance?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation