Arlo Wired Doorbell (AVD1001B) Unable to Connect to Google Nest Mesh Wifi

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
NP32
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased a whole bunch of Arlo products and they have all set up well on my Google Nest mesh wifi network. The wired doorbell I bought to go with it seems to have a problem connecting. Every time I go through the process of set up, the app comes back with a "no doorbell found" error.  I understand it needs a 2.4GHz frequency network to connect, however my other Arlo cameras (Arlo Pro 5s 2k) had no problem connecting along with my Keypad Hub and sensors. 

My internet service provider can't split the frequencies of wifi and disable the 5.0 and I have tried the following tactics to get this doorbell to connect and to no avail:

• moved the router further away out of the 5.0GHz frequency
  • purchased a completely new router that allows me to turn off 5.0GHz frequency and only have 2.4 running. This did allow my doorbell to connect properly however, this is not a permanent solution as 99% of my house needs to stay on my google nest mesh network. once I restored my Google mesh network, i received an error message that my doorbell was offline and couldn't be found.
  • I did the above again, and even named my SSID and password the exact same thing as my google network...nothing
  • I performed multiple hard and soft resets of the doorbell itself and tried connecting again...nothing
  • I rewired the doorbell multiple times to make sure I did it correctly....nothing (this wasn't the case because it connected to the other router i used and functioned just fine). 

I really need to figure this out as I believe this is a flaw in the Arlo doorbell for not being able to connect to a mesh/google network (since this is one of the most popular systems in the world). I would love it if Arlo would please help me out or anyone else who has solved this issue. Otherwise I'm going to be returning my products and going with all Google products. 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NP32 wrote:
  • I did the above again, and even named my SSID and password the exact same thing as my google network...nothing

This should have worked.

Is the google network's wifi security set to WPA2 (AES)?  

It's possible it's set to WPA3, which might be the problem.

NP32
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I did try changing to WPA3 and unfortunately no change. I also have other devices connected to the network that fail to connect with WPA3, so that didn't wind up being a solution. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NP32 wrote:

@StephenB I did try changing to WPA3 and unfortunately no change.

WPA3 will certainly fail, unless you are using a setting that also allows WPA2 (AES).

Did you check the router's attached device list when you switched to the Google Nest (with the network name and password matched)?  Basically seeing if the camera was connecting to the wifi.

RayJays
Initiate
Initiate

I had a similar problem with my Arlo Essential Doorbell (also connected to Verisure alarm). Changed from Google Wifi Mesh to Google Nest Wifi Pro.   Whatever I did, I could not change the network for the doorbell.  I called support from Verisure and they told me to add the doorbell as a new device (did not delete the old one), then it worked without any hassle of thinking about 2.4 or 5 GHz. Just worked. Did that for two doorbells, worked for both.  My Arlo app version at the moment is 4.3.6.   Hope this will help others in same situation.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation