Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video doorbell, No video when rung

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TCfla
Tutor
Tutor
Hello
I just installed the AVD and initially there was video when the doorbell was rung and a call came in. Now there is just a blank grey screen and when the call is answered, there is audio but no video. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a video doorbell.
Have looked through customer support and the forums with no help seen. One forum says the issue was solved and closed, but I see no Solution offered.

My setup:
AVD with mechanical chime and 16v/30a transformer
iPhone 8 Plus
Phone, camera, and app all updated to latest software/firmware
Hi speed Comcast, No vpn
Changing camera resolution does nothing (which this shouldn’t even be a solution since the whole point is to be able to use the best resolution whenever possible)

Can someone help or offer any additional knowledge. It’s really a shame that this hardware doesn’t work as it should. Would hate to have to uninstall it and return it for an alternative doorbell camera since I chose it over the others initially because of its features supposedly offered over the competition.

Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TCfla,

Try reducing the video resolution in your doorbell settings. This can be found be logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your doorbell > Video Settings > Video Resolution. Do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation