Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Leutz
Tutor
Tutor
A few days ago, my arlo video doorbell turned to only showing in black and white. During the day and at night. I have toggled the night vision option both on and off and nothing changes. Any other suggestion how to get the camera showing color again? I didn’t change anything to begin with but I’m at a loss. Please help!
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

B&W occurs when the camera detects low light levels. Night vision simply enables/disables the IR illumination. A screenshot may help us diagnose but I would first start by power cycling the doorbell to see if that helps.

Leutz
Tutor
Tutor
Right picture was taken w my iPhone at exact same time as the screenshot of my video doorbell on left. It’s bright outside. It has always shown color day and night. Up until a few days ago.
Leutz
Tutor
Tutor
How do I power cycle? Is that the same as restarting? I don’t want it to remove it from my account which is what it says will happen if I restart it. I have a subscription on promo and if it removes it, I will no longer have it in my account.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Leutz,

You can power cycle your Arlo Video Doorbell by pressing and holding the doorbell button along with the pin hole button on the back of the doorbell. After 10 seconds the doorbell should reboot.

JamesC

Martinst
Aspirant
Aspirant

The various options can be confusing, with some offering video, others not, and some requiring hardwiring, while others can simply be stuck onto the front of your door.

Leutz
Tutor
Tutor

If I do this, will it remove it from my paid subscription?  From what I have previously read, it will. I don't want to remove it because I am under a promo-subscription, last time a camera was removed and re-added, the promo went away and I was back paying the regular price again.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Leutz,

No. The trial subscription should not be removed. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation