Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joefodo
Guide
Guide
We need to see who is "calling" when someone rings the doorbell. I want to choose to answer or ignore based upon who is at the door. Google duo has a "knock knock" function that does this exactly. When you make a call the other caller can see you prior to answering the call. This would be very helpful and more secure.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joefodo,

With Arlo Smart, when your doorbell is armed to detect motion, it will send a Rich Push Notification that includes a snapshot of motion trigger, so you can see who is at your door prior to answering. When the doorbell call is answered, if your mobile client is on mute, there is no indication to the user.  So you can determine who is at your door and then decide whether you would like to speak with them, play a Quick Reply Message, or disconnect.

JamesC

Joefodo
Guide
Guide
I have Arlo Smart and have never seen the push notification on the doorbell. That also doesn't help me if the call setting comes up. I'd rather that picture be placed as the wallpaper of the call notification. Like when you get a call on an apple phone the picture of the contact pops up. Anything to help on that for improvements would be great for user interaction. Again, I have smart, and have never seen the rich file notification. I have notifications on and the doorbell set up as a smart camera.
maniac180
Tutor
Tutor

I agree!!!  Nest Hello shows video of who is at the door when they press the doorbell button.  You can't see anything when someone presses the button on the Arlo video doorbell.  If this isn't fixed, I'm going to return the Arlo and get the Nest, it's really common sense.  I'd like to see who is at the door before I choose to answer!!! James C, sending a picture isn't good enough.

Joefodo
Guide
Guide

Any updates?

Again, the Google nest product does this and it is a very useful item. When someone presses the doorbell, I get a call and have a black background on the call screen. Just give me a live feed of the doorbell so I can choose to answer or not on the Arlo call. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joefodo,

The Arlo development team is always considering feedback and enhancement requests from our users. This particular request has been passed along and is being investigated for consideration. If this does become a feature and is implemented, an announcement will be made within the product release notes.

JamesC

Joefodo
Guide
Guide
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation